WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- made thicker or more intense, as by reducing the amount of liquid:Mix three cans of water with the concentrated orange juice.
intense:a concentrated barrage on the command headquarters.
- applied with all one's attention, energy, etc.:their concentrated efforts to win the election.
- clustered or gathered together closely.
- treated to remove or reduce an inessential ingredient, esp. liquid:concentrated orange juice.
- concentrate + -ed2 1680–90