WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- a thick liquid applied to the hair to make it easier to comb, etc.: [uncountable]Apply conditioner after shampooing.[countable]conditioners for every type of hair.
- a person or thing that conditions.
- something added to a substance to increase its usability, as a water softener.
- Clothinga cream or liquid preparation applied to the hair or skin, esp. for its emollient qualities.
- a trainer of athletes.
- an air conditioner.
- Textilesa person who conditions fibers or fabrics.
- condition + -er1 1590–1600