- a person who conserves or keeps safe; custodian, guardian, or protector
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a person who conserves or preserves; preserver;
- a person who repairs, restores, or maintains the condition of objects, as paintings or sculptures in an art museum, or books in a library.
- Lawa guardian;
- British Termsa person employed by the conservancy commission;
a conservation worker.
- Latin, equivalent. to conservā(re) (see conserve) + -tor -tor
- late Middle English 1400–50