WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- familiar with something by use or study;
knowledgeable: conversant with Spanish history.
- familiar by use or study (usually fol. by with):conversant with Spanish history.
- [Archaic.]having regular or frequent conversation;
- Latin conversant- (stem of conversāns), present participle of conversārī to associate with. See converse1, -ant
- Middle English conversa(u)nt 1250–1300
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged versed, learned, skilled, practiced, well-informed, proficient.