- a dead body, esp of a human being; cadaver
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a dead body, usually of a human being.
- something no longer useful or viable:rusting corpses of old cars.
- [Obs.]a human or animal body, whether alive or dead.
- 1225–75; Middle English corps; origin, originally spelling, spelled variant of cors corse but the p is now sounded
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged remains, cadaver. See body.