- capable of being counted
- able to be counted using the natural numbers; finite or denumerable
- denoting a count noun
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- (esp. of a noun, or a meaning of a noun) able to be counted:countable nouns like boy, desk, and ring.
- able to be counted.
- (of a set) having a finite number of elements.
- (of a set) having elements that form a one-to-one correspondence with the natural numbers;
- late Middle English. See count1, -able 1400–50