WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
cre•a•tion /kriˈeɪʃən/USA pronunciation
- [uncountable] the act of creating, or the fact of being created:Scholars no longer try to investigate the creation of language.
- Religionthe Creation, [uncountable] the original bringing into existence of the universe by God.
- [uncountable] the world; universe:In all of creation there is not another one quite like this.
- [countable] something created:Disney's creations brought joy to children everywhere.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
creation /kriːˈeɪʃən/ n
- the act or process of creating
- the fact of being created or produced
- something that has been brought into existence or created, esp a product of human intelligence or imagination
- the whole universe, including the world and all the things in it
- an unusual or striking garment or hat
Creation /kriːˈeɪʃən/ n
- the Creation ⇒ God's act of bringing the universe into being
- the universe as thus brought into being by God
'creation' also found in these entries: