ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(krī′noid, krin′oid), n.
- Invertebratesany echinoderm of the class Crinoidea, having a cup-shaped body to which are attached branched, radiating arms, comprising the sea lilies, feather stars, and various fossil forms.
- Invertebratesbelonging or pertaining to the Crinoidea.
- Greek krinoeidé̄s, equivalent. to krín(on) lily + -oeidēs -oid
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
crinoid /ˈkraɪnɔɪd ˈkrɪn-/ n
- any primitive echinoderm of the class Crinoidea, having delicate feathery arms radiating from a central disc. The group includes the free-swimming feather stars, the sessile sea lilies, and many stemmed fossil forms
Etymology: 19th Century: from Greek krinoeidēs lily-likecriˈnoidal adj
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Crinoidea
- shaped like a lily
'crinoid' also found in these entries: