- a partially or totally enclosed section of a room, as in a dormitory
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- a small space or compartment in a large room or area set off by a divider:There was a computer in each cubicle.
- a small space or compartment partitioned off.
- Library Sciencecarrel (def. 1).
- a bedroom, esp. one of a number of small ones in a divided dormitory, as in English public schools.
- Latin cubiculum bedroom, equivalent. to cub(āre) to lie down + -i- -i- + -culum -cle2
- late Middle English 1400–50