WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- relating to or marked by dedication:completely dedicated to the team.
- [often: before a noun] set apart for a specific use, as a computer for a specific application:a dedicated word processor.
- wholly committed to something, as to an ideal, political cause, or personal goal:a dedicated artist.
- set apart or reserved for a specific use or purpose:We don't need a computer but a dedicated word processor.
- (of machine parts, electrical components, hardware, etc.) made or designed to interconnect exclusively with one model or a limited range of models in a manufacturer's line:The new tractors use only high-priced dedicated accessories.
- dedicate + -ed2 1590–1600