WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
de•fin•i•tive /dɪˈfɪnɪtɪv/USA pronunciation
- serving to define, set, or specify definitely:gave a definitive statement on the crisis.
- most reliable or complete:the definitive text on disorders of the circulatory system.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
definitive /dɪˈfɪnɪtɪv/ adj
- serving to decide or settle finally; conclusive
- most reliable, complete, or authoritative
- serving to define or outline
- fully developed; complete
- (of postage stamps) permanently on sale
- a word indicating specificity of reference, such as the definite article or a demonstrative adjective or pronoun
'definitive' also found in these entries:
In the English description: