- an antic; prank; trick
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Informal Termsa mischievous trick;
- Informal Termsa bauble or trifle.
- origin, originally uncertain 1800–10
Di•do (dī′dō),USA pronunciation n.
- MythologyPhoenician, Elissa. [Class. Myth.]a queen of Carthage who killed herself when abandoned by Aeneas.
- a female given name.
- a princess of Tyre who founded Carthage and became its queen. Virgil tells of her suicide when abandoned by her lover Aeneas