- of or relating to an economy, economics, or finance
- Brit capable of being produced, operated, etc, for profit; profitable
- concerning or affecting material resources or welfare: economic pests
- concerned with or relating to the necessities of life; utilitarian
- a variant of economical
- informal inexpensive; cheap
ec•o•nom•ic /ˌɛkəˈnɑmɪk, ˌikə-/USA pronunciation adj.
- [before a noun] of or relating to the production, distribution, and use of income, wealth, and goods and services.
- [before a noun] of or relating to the science of economics.