- the source of income with which an institution, etc, is endowed
- the income itself
- the act or process of endowing
- (usually plural) natural talents or qualities
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the act of endowing.
- the property, funds, etc., with which an institution or person is endowed.
- Usually, endowments. an attribute of mind or body;
a gift of nature.
- Anglo-French endowement; see endow, -ment
- late Middle English 1425–75
- 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged gift, grant, bequest.
- 3.See corresponding entry in Unabridged capacity, talent, faculties, ability, capability.