We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for 'ex' is displayed below.
Also see: nihilo
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
ex /ɛks/ prep
Etymology: 19th Century: from Latin: out of, from
- not participating in; excluding; without: ex bonus, ex dividend, ex rights
- without charge to the buyer until removed from: ex quay, ex ship, ex works
ex /ɛks/ n
- informal (a person's) former wife, husband, etc
Ex. abbreviation for
Etymology: from Latin, from ex (prep), identical in meaning and origin with Greek ex, ek; see ec-
- out of; outside of; from: exclosure, exurbia
- former: ex-wife
ex- combining form
- a variant of exo-: exergonic