- resident in a foreign country
- exiled or banished from one's native country
- a person who lives in a foreign country
- an exile; expatriate person
- to exile (oneself) from one's native country or cause (another) to go into exile
ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here.
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
ex•pa•tri•ate /ɛksˈpeɪtriɪt/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
ex•pa•tri•ate (v. eks pā′trē āt′ or, esp. Brit., -pa′trē-;adj., n. eks pā′trē it, -āt′ or, esp. Brit., -pa′trē-),
v., -at•ed, -at•ing, adj., n.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
expatriate adj /ɛksˈpætrɪɪt; -ˌeɪt/
'expatriate' also found in these entries:
Forum discussions with the word(s) "expatriate" in the title:
Look up "expatriate" at Merriam-Webster
Look up "expatriate" at dictionary.com