WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "external" is displayed below.
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
ex•ter•nal /ɪkˈstɝnəl/USA pronunciation
- of or relating to the outside or outer part;
- Medicineto be applied to the outside of a body:The medicine says "for external use only.''
- located or being outside something;
acting or coming from without: external influences.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
external /ɪkˈstɜːnəl/ adj
- of, situated on, or suitable for the outside; outer
- coming or acting from without
- of or involving foreign nations; foreign
- of, relating to, or designating a medicine that is applied to the outside of the body
- situated on or near the outside of the body
- Austral NZ (of a student) studying a university subject extramurally
- (of objects, etc) taken to exist independently of a perceiving mind
Etymology: 15th Century: from Latin externus outward, from exterus on the outside, from ex out ofexˈternally adv
- (often plural) an external circumstance or aspect, esp one that is superficial or inessential
- Austral NZ a student taking an extramural subject
'external ear' also found in these entries: