- to cause (blood or lymph) to escape or (of blood or lymph) to escape into the surrounding tissues from their proper vessels
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Pathologyto force out from the proper vessels, as blood, esp. so as to diffuse through the surrounding tissues.
- Geologyto pour forth, as lava, from a subterranean source in a molten state.
- Pathologyto be extravasated, as blood.
- Geologyto pour forth lava or the like.
- Pathologythe extravasated material;
- extra- + vas + -ate1 1655–65