- a variant spelling of extroversion
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Psychologyextroversion (def. 1).
ex′tra•ver′sive•ly, ex′tra•ver′tive•ly, adv.
- PsychologyAlso, extraversion.
- the act of directing one's interest outward or to things outside the self.
- the state of being concerned primarily with things outside the self, with the external environment rather than with one's own thoughts and feelings. Cf. introversion (def. 3).
- Pathologya turning inside out, as of the eyelids or of the bladder.
ex′tro•ver′sive•ly, ex′tro•ver′tive•ly, adv.
- 1650–60; 1915–20 for def. 1; extro- + Latin versiōn- (stem of versiō) a turning
- the directing of one's interest outwards, esp towards social contacts
ˌextroˈversive, ˌextraˈversive adj