- any cloth made from yarn or fibres by weaving, knitting, felting, etc
- the texture of a cloth
- a structure or framework: the fabric of society
- a style or method of construction
- rare a building
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Textiles[countable] a cloth made by weaving or knitting threads or fibers.
makeup:[uncountable]the fabric of family life.
- Textilesa cloth made by weaving, knitting, or felting fibers:woolen fabrics.
- Textilesthe texture of the woven, knitted, or felted material:cloth of a soft, pliant fabric.
structure:the fabric of society.
- a building;
- the method of construction.
- the act of constructing, esp. of a church building.
- the maintenance of such a building.
- Rocks[Petrog.]the spatial arrangement and orientation of the constituents of a rock.
- Latin fabrica craft, esp. metalworking or building, workshop. See forge1
- Middle French fabrique)
- ( 1475–85