WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
fa•cial /ˈfeɪʃəl/USA pronunciation
- of the face:a facial expression.
- used to improve the condition or appearance of the face:a facial cream.
fa•cial•ly, adv. See -face-.
- a treatment to beautify the face:She had a facial at the beauty parlor.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
facial /ˈfeɪʃəl/ adj
- of or relating to the face
- a beauty treatment for the face, involving cleansing, massage, and cosmetic packs
fascia, facia /ˈfeɪʃɪə/ n ( pl -ciae / -ʃɪˌiː/)
Etymology: 16th Century: from Latin: band: related to fascis bundle; see fascesˈfascial, ˈfacial adj
- the flat surface above a shop window
- a flat band or surface, esp a part of an architrave or cornice
- /ˈfæʃɪə/ fibrous connective tissue occurring in sheets beneath the surface of the skin and between muscles and groups of muscles
- a distinctive band of colour, as on an insect or plant
a less common name for dashboard
'facial' also found in these entries: