- a thing that is found or discovered
- the conclusion reached after a judicial inquiry; verdict
- (plural) US the tools and equipment of an artisan
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Often, findings. [plural] something that is found out.
- Lawa judicial decision or verdict.
- Governmenta U.S. presidential order authorizing an action.
- the act of a person or thing that finds;
- Often, findings. something that is found or ascertained.
- Lawa decision or verdict after judicial inquiry.
- findings, tools, materials, etc., used by artisans.
- bef. 1000; Middle English, Old English; see find, -ing1