Also called: splayfoot a condition in which the entire sole of the foot is able to touch the ground because of flattening of the instep arch
- ( pl -foots, -feet)
a slang word (usually derogatory) for a policeman
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Slang Terms[countable]a police officer.
- a condition in which the arch of the foot is flattened so that the entire sole rests upon the ground.
- Also, flat foot. a foot with such an arch.
- Slang Termsa police officer;
- Slang Terms[Older Slang.]a sailor.
- flat1 + foot 1865–70