- a transparent cloth of loose plain or leno weave
- a surgical dressing of muslin or similar material
- any thin openwork material, such as wire
- a fine mist or haze
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- Textilesany thin and often transparent fabric made from any fiber in a plain weave, esp. loosely woven cotton used as a dressing for wounds or surgery.
- Textilesany thin and often transparent fabric made from any fiber in a plain or leno weave.
- Medicinea surgical dressing of loosely woven cotton.
- Textilesany material made of an open, meshlike weave, as of wire.
- a thin haze.
- French gaze