- rapid chatter like that of monkeys
- incomprehensible talk; nonsense
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- meaningless or unintelligible talk or writing;
- talk or writing containing many obscure or technical words:a speech full of gibberish about the budget.
- meaningless or unintelligible talk or writing.
- talk or writing containing many obscure, pretentious, or technical words.
- apparently gibber + -ish1, on the model of language names so formed 1545–55
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged . nonsense, foolishness, babble, gabble, drivel, gobbledegook.