- a female child from birth to young womanhood
- a young unmarried woman; lass; maid
- informal a sweetheart or girlfriend
- informal a woman of any age
- a female employee, esp a female servant
- South African derogatory a Black female servant of any age
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
- a female child, from birth to full growth.
- Sex and Gendera young, immature woman, esp., formerly, an unmarried one:All the girls of the village came out to see the stranger.
- a daughter:My wife and I have two girls.
- [Often Offensive.]a grown woman:Who's the girl waiting on our table?
- Sex and Gendergirlfriend; sweetheart:had a girl in every port.
- a female servant.
- a female employee:I'll have my girl call your office.