- a sudden instance of malfunctioning or irregularity in an electronic system
- a change in the rotation rate of a pulsar
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- [Informal.]a minor defect or malfunction:A computer glitch forced the spaceflight cancellation.
- Electricitya sudden interruption or surge in electric power.
- a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan.
- Computingany error, malfunction, or problem. Cf. bug1 (def. 5).
- Electricitya brief or sudden interruption or surge in voltage in an electric circuit.
- to cause a glitch in:an accident that glitched our plans.
cf. glitshn, G glitschen to slip, slide]