- Try out WordReference Random Word. Each page load will return a random word from the dictionary. Or test your knowledge and have each page load with the definition hidden!
god•fa•ther /ˈgɑdˌfɑðɚ/USA pronunciation
- a man who serves as sponsor for a child, such as at a baptism.
- the head of a Mafia family;
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
godfather /ˈɡɒdˌfɑːðə/ n
- a male godparent
- the head of a Mafia family or other organized criminal ring
- an originator or leading exponent: the godfather of South African pop
'godfather' also found in these entries:
In the English description: