- short for hexadecimal
- (as modifier): hex code
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- to bewitch:They were hexed by the wicked witch.
- to bring bad luck to;
- a spell;
- to bewitch;
practice witchcraft on:He was accused of hexing his neighbors' cows because they suddenly stopped giving milk.
- spell; charm:With all this rain, somebody must have put a hex on our picnic.
- a witch.
- German Hexe witch; see hag1
- Mathematicshexagonal:a bolt with a matching washer and hex nut.
- Computing, Mathematicshexadecimal (def. 1).
- by shortening 1920–25
- (transitive) to bewitch
- an evil spell or symbol of bad luck
- a witch