- the killing of a human being by another person
- a person who kills another
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Sociologythe killing of one human being by another: [uncountable]guilty of homicide.[countable]There were two homicides last year.
- Sociology[countable] a person who kills another.
- Sociologythe killing of one human being by another.
- Sociologya person who kills another;
- Latin homicīdium a killing, homicīda killer, equivalent. to homi- (combining form of homō man) + -cīdium, -cīda -cide
- Middle French
- Middle English 1325–75