ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(hə mol′ə gāt′, hō-), v.t., -gat•ed, -gat•ing.
- to approve;
confirm or ratify.
- Automotiveto register (a specific make of automobile in general production) so as to make it eligible for international racing competition.
- Greek homologeîn to agree to, allow); see -ate1
- Medieval Latin homologātus (past participle of homologāre
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
homologate /hɒˈmɒləˌɡeɪt/ vb (transitive)
Etymology: 17th Century: from Medieval Latin homologāre to agree, from Greek homologein to approve, from homologos agreeing, from homo- + legein to speakhoˌmoloˈgation n
- chiefly to approve or ratify (a deed or contract, esp one that is defective)
- to confirm (a proceeding, etc)
- to recognize (a particular type of car or car component) as a production model or component rather than a prototype, as in making it eligible for a motor race