WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
honk /hɑŋk, hɔŋk/USA pronunciation
Animal Behaviorthe cry of a goose.
any similar sound, as of an automobile horn.
to (cause to) give off a honk: [no object]geese honking in flight.[~ + object]The driver honked his horn impatiently.
honk•er, n. [countable]
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
honk /hɒŋk/ n
- a representation of the sound made by a goose
- any sound resembling this, esp a motor horn
- Brit Austral slang a bad smell
- to make or cause (something) to make such a sound
- (intransitive) Brit
a slang word for vomit
- Brit Austral slang to have a bad smell
'honk' also found in these entries: