- the act of including or the state of being included
- something included
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- the act of including.
- the state of being included.
- something that is included.
- Cell Biology[Biol.]a body suspended in the cytoplasm, as a granule.
- Mineralogy[Mineral.]a solid body or a body of gas or liquid enclosed within the mass of a mineral.
- Geology, Rocks[Petrog.]xenolith.
- Mathematics, Philosophy[Logic, Math.]the relationship between two sets when the second is a subset of the first.
1945–50 for def. 7;
- [not: be + ~-ing] to contain or have as part of a whole:The meal includes dessert and coffee.
- to place (something) in a category:Whom would you include in your list?