- distinctive or unique character or personality: a work of great individuality
- the qualities that distinguish one person or thing from another; identity
- the state or quality of being a separate entity; discreteness
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the uniqueness that makes one person or thing different from others.
- the particular character, or aggregate of qualities, that distinguishes one person or thing from others;
sole and personal nature:a person of marked individuality.
- individualities, individual characteristics.
- a person or thing of individual or distinctive character.
- state or quality of being individual;
existence as a distinct individual.
- Sociologythe interests of the individual as distinguished from the interests of the community.
- [Archaic.]state or quality of being indivisible or inseparable.
- individual + -ity 1605–15
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged See character.