WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the quality of being insincere;
lack of sincerity;
- an instance of being insincere:He recalled their many past insincerities.
- in-3 + sincerity 1540–50
- not sincere; hypocritical:an insincere apology.
in•sin•cer•i•ty /ˌɪnsɪnˈsɛrɪti/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]
- not sincere;
not honest in the expression of actual feeling;
- Latin insincērus tainted, dishonest; see in-3, sincere
- deceitful, disingenuous, guileful, two-faced.