WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- not religious;
not practicing a religion;
feeling no religious impulses, or feeling hostile to religion.
- not religious; not practicing a religion and feeling no religious impulses or emotions.
- showing or characterized by a lack of religion.
- showing indifference or hostility to religion:irreligious statements.
- Latin irreligiōsus. See ir-2, religious
- 3.See corresponding entry in Unabridged profane, sacrilegious, ungodly.