- a large and often international gathering of Scouts
- a party or spree
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- a party;
- a large social gathering, often including speeches and entertainment.
- a carousal;
any noisy merrymaking.
- a large gathering, as of a political party or the teams of a sporting league, often including a program of speeches and entertainment.
- a large gathering of members of the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, usually nationwide or international in scope (distinguished from camporee).
- apparently blend of, blended jabber and shivaree, with m from jam1 crowd 1860–65, American.