- objects that are worn for personal adornment, such as bracelets, rings, necklaces, etc, considered collectively
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
Jewelryobjects used to decorate a person, as necklaces, rings, bracelets, or brooches, esp. when made of precious metals, gemstones, pearls, etc.:articles of jewelry.
- Jewelryarticles of gold, silver, precious stones, etc., for personal adornment.
- Jewelryany ornaments for personal adornment, as necklaces or cuff links, including those of base metals, glass, plastic, or the like.
- Anglo-French juelerie, equivalent. to juel jewel + -erie -ery
- Middle English juelrie 1300–50