- a mechanical saw with a fine steel blade for cutting intricate curves in sheets of material
- See jigsaw puzzle
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- BuildingAlso, ˈjig ˌsaw. an electric saw with a narrow, vertically mounted blade, for cutting curves, complicated patterns, etc.
v. [~ + object]
- Buildingto cut or form with or as if with a jigsaw.
- BuildingAlso, jig′ saw′. an electric machine saw with a narrow blade mounted vertically in a frame, for cutting curves or other difficult lines or patterns.
- Buildingto cut or form with a jigsaw.
- formed by or as if by a jigsaw:jigsaw ornamentation.
- jig2 + saw1 1870–75