WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "joint" is displayed below.
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
joint /dʒɔɪnt/USA pronunciation
adj. [before a noun]
shared by or common to two or more:joint authorship.
undertaken or produced by two or more in connection or in common:a joint effort.
- the place at which two things or parts are joined.
- Anatomy, Zoologythe place where two bones or other elements of a skeleton meet, whether tightly or so as to permit free movement:the joint of the elbow.
- Fooda large piece of meat, usually with a bone:a joint of beef.
- Slang Terms[Slang.]a marijuana cigarette.
- a disreputable place of public entertainment:a strip joint.
- a dwelling or place of business:Let's go to his joint and see if he's been there.
joint•ly, adv.: worked jointly on the proposal.See -junc-.
out of joint:
- dislocated:knocked his shoulder out of joint.
- in an unfavorable or disordered state:The flood threw their lives out of joint.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
joint /dʒɔɪnt/ n
- a junction of two or more parts or objects
- the junction between two or more bones, usually formed of connective tissue and cartilage
- the point of connection between movable parts in invertebrates, esp insects and other arthropods
- the part of a plant stem from which a branch or leaf grows
- one of the parts into which a carcass of meat is cut by the butcher, esp for roasting
- a crack in a rock along which no displacement has occurred
- slang a disreputable establishment, such as a bar or nightclub
- often facetious a dwelling or meeting place
- slang a cannabis cigarette
- out of joint ⇒ dislocated
- out of order or disorganized
- shared by or belonging to two or more: joint property
- created by combined effort
- sharing with others or with one another: joint rulers
- to provide with or fasten by a joint or joints
- to plane the edge of (a board, etc) into the correct shape for a joint
- to cut or divide (meat, fowl, etc) into joints or at a joint