- any of several small Chinese trees of the rutaceous genus Fortunella
- the small round orange fruit of such a tree, with a sweet rind, used in preserves and confections
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Plant Biologya small, orange-colored citrus fruit with a sweet skin and acid flesh, eaten chiefly as a preserve.
- Plant Biologya shrub that bears this fruit.
- Plant Biology, Fooda small, round or oblong citrus fruit having a sweet rind and acid pulp, used chiefly for preserves.
- Plant Biologyany of several citrus shrubs of the genus Fortunella, native to China, that bear this fruit.
- dialect, dialectal Chinese (Guangdong) gāmgwāt gold citrus fruit, akin to Chinese jīnjù