- the plural of labium
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
Anatomy, Botany, Insectspl. of labium.
n., pl. -bi•a
- (-bē ə).
- a lip or liplike part.
- a lip or lip-shaped structure or part.
- any of the folds of skin bordering the vulva.
- Botany[Bot.]the lower lip of a bilabiate corolla.
- Insects[Entomol.]the posterior, unpaired member of the mouthparts of an insect, formed by the united second maxillae.
- Latin: lip, akin to lambere to lick, lap3. See labrum1, lip
- a lip or liplike structure
- any one of the four lip-shaped folds of the female vulva