- any brown songbird of the predominantly Old World family Alaudidae, esp the skylark: noted for their singing
- short for titlark
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
Birdsa songbird living in the open country, or similar bird, as the meadowlark.
lark2 /lɑrk/USA pronunciation n. [countable]
- a merry, carefree adventure;
escapade:had a lark at the party.
- innocent or good-natured mischief;
something done as a joke;
v. [no object]
- a carefree adventure or frolic
- a harmless piece of mischief
- (often followed by about) to have a good time by frolicking
- to play a prank