- the members of the executive or administration of an organization or business
- managers or employers collectively
- the technique, practice, or science of managing, controlling or dealing with
- the skilful or resourceful use of materials, time, etc
- the specific treatment of a disease, disorder, etc
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the act or process of managing:[uncountable]courses in management.
- the persons directing a business;
executives:[countable]Upper management should trim its staff.
- the act or manner of managing; handling, direction, or control.
- skill in managing;
executive ability:great management and tact.
- the person or persons controlling and directing the affairs of a business, institution, etc.:The store is under new management.
- executives collectively, considered as a class (distinguished from labor).
- manage + -ment 1590–1600
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged regulation, administration;
superintendence, care, charge, conduct, guidance, treatment.