ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
ma•zur•ka /məˈzɝkə, -ˈzʊr-/USA pronunciation
n. [countable],pl. -kas. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
- Music and Dancea lively Polish dance in triple meter.
- Music and Dancemusic for this dance.
(mə zûr′kə, -zŏŏr′-), n.
- Music and Dancea lively Polish dance in moderately quick triple meter.
- Music and Dancemusic for, or in the rhythm of, this dance.
- Polish, equivalent. to Mazur Mazovia (district in northern Poland) + -ka noun, nominal suffix
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
mazurka, mazourka /məˈzɜːkə/ n
Etymology: 19th Century: from Polish: (dance) of Mazur (Mazovia) province in Poland
- a Polish national dance in triple time
- a piece of music composed for this dance
'mazurka' also found in these entries: