WordReference can't find this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "methylate" is displayed below.
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(meth′ə lāt′),USA pronunciation n., v., -at•ed, -at•ing. [Chem.]n.
- ChemistryAlso called methoxide. any derivative of methyl alcohol, as sodium methylate, CH3ONa.
- Chemistryany compound containing the methyl group.
- Chemistry(in a compound) to replace (one or more hydrogen atoms) with the methyl group.
- Chemistryto mix with methyl alcohol, as in the denaturation of ethyl alcohol.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
methylate /ˈmɛθɪˌleɪt/ vb
- (transitive) to mix with methanol