WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
mile•age or mil•age /ˈmaɪlɪdʒ/USA pronunciation
the total number of miles traveled in a given time:The mileage for our trip was over 2,000.
the number of miles or average distance that a vehicle can travel on a quantity of fuel:The mileage is about 20 miles per gallon.
wear, use, or profit:to get good mileage out of an old coat.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
mileage, milage /ˈmaɪlɪdʒ/ n
- a distance expressed in miles
- the total number of miles that a motor vehicle has travelled
- allowance for travelling expenses, esp as a fixed rate per mile
- the number of miles a motor vehicle will travel on one gallon of fuel
- informal use, benefit, or service provided by something
- informal grounds, substance, or weight: some mileage in the objectors' arguments
'mileage' also found in these entries: