ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
mis•de•mean•or /ˌmɪsdɪˈminɚ/USA pronunciation
n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
Also,[esp. Brit.,] ˌmis•deˈmean•our.
- Lawa criminal offense less serious than a felony.
- an instance of misbehavior.
(mis′di mē′nər),USA pronunciation n.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] mis′de•mean′our.
- Lawa criminal offense defined as less serious than a felony.
- an instance of misbehavior* misdeed.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
misdemeanour, US misdemeanor /ˌmɪsdɪˈmiːnə/ n
- (formerly) an offence generally less heinous than a felony and which until 1967 involved a different form of trial
- any minor offence or transgression
'misdemeanor' also found in these entries: