ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
mon•stros•i•ty /mɑnˈstrɑsɪti/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
,pl. -ties. something monstrous:That monstrosity blocks our view of the river.See -mon-.
(mon stros′i tē), n., pl. -ties.
- the state or character of being monstrous.
- a monster or something monstrous.
- Late Latin mōnstrōsitās, equivalent. to Latin mōnstrōs(us) monstrous + -itās -ity
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
monstrosity /mɒnˈstrɒsɪtɪ/ n ( pl -ties)
- an outrageous or ugly person or thing; monster
- the state or quality of being monstrous
'monstrosity' also found in these entries: