- the act or an instance of motivating
- desire to do; interest or drive
- incentive or inducement
- the process that arouses, sustains and regulates human and animal behaviour
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- [countable] an act or instance of motivating:A good teacher will provide motivations for his or her students.
desire:[uncountable]Motivation was a key to their success.
- the act or an instance of motivating.
- the state or condition of being motivated.
- something that motivates;
- motive + -ation 1870–75